Can employment agreements be backdated in Spain?
Agreements cannot be backdated in Spain.
Can a supported employee work before their start date?
Supported employees should not work before their start date because they are enrolled and covered by Spain’s social security on the same day they start with Velocity Global. If it is absolutely necessary that the start date be modified, please reach out to Velocity Global through your normal process, and we will help you and discuss options.
Can we pay the salary in a different currency than the local currency?
Salaries in Spain must be paid in euros.
Should we classify our talent as a contractor or an employee?
An employment relationship can be defined as one where an employee performs certain tasks for an employer under the employer’s instructions in return for a salary. A person will generally be considered an employee if they:
- Work for the employer under an employment agreement
- Perform the job on the employer’s premises
- Work under the employer’s instructions
- Work within a strict time frame/working time
- Use the employer’s tools and assets
- Receive remuneration for the work (periodically)