With Velocity Global’s integration with Ashby ATS, you no longer need to update your employees’ information in multiple systems. The integration automatically synchronizes employee information between the Velocity Global Work Platform™ and Ashby ATS in seconds, eliminating duplicative data entries, reducing the risk of errors, and saving you valuable time. Once the integration is set up, tasks like Employee Creation or entering an employee’s data will be synchronized automatically between the two systems–no scheduled tasks or manual steps required.
This integration is free for all Velocity Global clients, and our Integrations team will walk you through the configuration from start to finish. Click here for Technical Support.
For you as a client, this integration:
- Reduces the need for duplicative data entry in two systems
- Reduces the time to employee onboarding
- Enhances data accuracy
For your employees, this integration:
- Minimizes onboarding time
- Onboard employees quickly and efficiently
- Synchronize employee data updates
- Configure custom data fields mapping between systems
- Email notifications
- Simple Employee Setup: When HR teams hire new candidates through Ashby, the integration will create new employees in the Velocity Global Work Platform™. New hires are set up to complete their onboarding online, quickly and easily.
- Process Tracking: Create employees on Ashby ATS directly and follow the hiring process during all stages–including application review, interview scheduling, and creating an offer in Ashby as an admin user.
- Notifications: A notification email is triggered to keep all parties informed whenever a change is made.
- Data Mapping: Out-of-the-box employee data field mapping, with the ability to customize any additional fields per a client’s request.
How to Activate
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you’d like to get configured on our integration with Ashby ATS. We’ll put you in contact with a Solutions Engineer who can assist you throughout the setup process, offer guidance, and provide you with any additional resources that you need.
To generate an API key in Ashby’s system, you must have Administrator permission. Once you have this permission, you can generate an API Key through the following steps:
- Sign in to Ashby and click ADMIN in the top navigation bar.
- Next, click INTEGRATIONS on the left panel of the screen.
- Select the Velocity Global integration and click +CREATE API KEY. Copy the value provided, and save the key somewhere secure for future reference.
Ashby Webhooks allow for data to be sent to the Velocity Global Work Platform™ when a particular event occurs. The Velocity Global team will provide you with a specific Webhook URL upon request. This setup can only be carried out after you have provided the Integration team with the necessary information, such as your Ashby URL and unique API key.
To set up a new Webhook for Ashby:
- Go to ADMIN > INTEGRATIONS > WEBHOOKS > NEW, or access the Webhooks page using this link.
- Fill out the following sections:
- Webhook Type: Select “Offer Created” from dropdown
- Request URL: Enter the proxy URL with its client configuration ID provided by Velocity Global’s Integrations team.
- Secret Token (Optional Field): This makes sure the Webhook events are triggered genuinely from Ashby’s platform, and not from any malicious outside user.
Once your Webhook has been created, it will be listed like this:
In Ashby, custom fields are required to sync with the Velocity Global Work Platform™. A custom field, HIRE WITH VELOCITY GLOBAL, must be created by an Administrator; the data sync will only happen if this field is true.
To set up a custom field in Ashby:
- Go to ADMIN > ORGANIZATION SETUP > CUSTOM FIELDS
- Under the CANDIDATE tab, you can see the list of custom fields. To create a new custom field for a Candidate, click the purple NEW button on the top right of the page.
- A box titled CREATE CANDIDATE CUSTOM FIELD should appear. Here, you’ll fill out a Title, Description, and Field Type. For example:
- Title: Candidate’s First & Last Name
- Description: Candidate’s Job Title
- Field Type: Short Answer
- The custom field HIRE WITH VELOCITY GLOBAL is mandatory for Ashby to sync with the Velocity Global Work Platform™. After creating that custom field, a popup should open with additional options. Here, check the box IS REQUIRED to make this field mandatory.
Here is a list of all Custom Fields that can be added for a candidate.
|Hire with Velocity Global||Yes/No|
|Preferred First Name||Short Answer|
|First Name||Short Answer|
|Last Name||Short Answer|
|Date of Birth||Date|
|Gender||Multiple Choice (Female, Male, Nonbinary, Other, Prefer not to say)|
|Marital Status||Multiple Choice
(Single, Married, Common Law, Domestic Partnership)
|Secondary Email Address||Short Answer|
Once you have added your specific Custom Fields, they will be visible under the CANDIDATE SUMMARY tab.
Let Us Know You’re Done
Once you have completed setting up your integration between Velocity Global and Ashby, let us know at Integrations@VelocityGlobal.com. We’ll send you a secure link to transfer all of your Ashby connection information. Once we’ve confirmed that you have the appropriate pipeline stage and custom fields, we can finalize setting up your integration. This will turn on events so that when you update a field in Ashby, it will automatically sync to the Velocity Global Work Platform™.