With Velocity Global and BambooHR integration, you will no longer have to update your employees’ information in multiple systems. The integration automatically synchronizes employee information between the Velocity Global Work Platform™ and BambooHR in seconds, eliminating duplicative data entries, reducing the risk of errors, and saving you time. No scheduled events or tasks, the integration keeps two systems in sync in real time and automatically.
- For you as a client
- Reduce the need for duplicative data entry in two systems.
- Reduce the time to candidate’s offer
- Enhance data accuracy
- For the employee
- Minimize the onboarding time
- Onboard Employees
- Synchronize Employee data updates
- Configure custom data fields mapping between systems
- Email Notifications
- Simple Employee Setup - When HR teams create new hires, the integration will create new employees. New hires are set up to complete the onboarding online quickly and easily.
- A notification email is triggered to keep all parties informed.
- Field mapping from Out-of-the-box Employee fields
How to Activate
A dedicated Velocity Global team will assist with all the needed configuration. The steps include:
- Authenticating your integration via OpenID Connect
- Reviewing and configuring your BambooHR application
- Setting up the integration webhook
- Testing the integration
Found in the URL once logged in:
2. BambooHR Authentication
We support BambooHR OpenID Connect as an authentication method to allow our integration to authenticate with BambooHR. Once it is authenticated, the client will be redirected to Velocity Global - Global Work Platform.
Steps to Generate API Key using OpenID Connect
- Velocity Global will provide a client specific URL
- Open the provided URL in your browser.
- BambooHR login screen will come, like below -
- If you are not logged in BambooHR already, a new screen will request you to log into BambooHR. Please log into BambooHR using your BambooHR username and password.
- Upon successful BambooHR log in, you will be redirected to Velocity Global - Global Work Platform.
3. Add Pay Group
In BambooHR, the “Pay Group” field should have Velocity Global value as a valid Pay Group. This is a condition that the BambooHR connector will make before deciding whether to process an Employee. Instructions here:
- Go to Settings > Employee Fields > Pay Groups > Click “New Pay Group”
- Add “Velocity Global” as a value
If the above fields do not show up when creating the Employee, you may choose to add it by clicking “Customize Add Employee Form” on the New Employee page.
4. Setting up Webhook
BambooHR web hooks allow for data to be sent to the Velocity Global Work Platform™ when a particular event occurs. Velocity Global team will provide a client specific Webhook URL. This setup can only be carried out after the client has provided the integrations team with the necessary information such as the BambooHR subdomain.
To set up a webhook for BambooHR in any environment:
1. Add a new Webhook. Found in Settings Icon > Account > Webhooks > Add Webhook
2. Configure a new webhook as follows:
- What fields do you want to monitor?: Employment Status, Status, Pay Group
- What fields do you want to post?: First Name, Last Name, Status, Work Email, Employment Status
- What format should the data be in?: JSON
- Where should the data be posted?: [Webhook Endpoint URL to be provided]
- Private Signature Key: The client will need to generate a private signature key and share it with Velocity Global’s team.
- When should the data be sent?: Every Hour, Every Month, Every Day, Every Minute. Limit to 1 time every 60 seconds.