With Velocity Global’s integration with Workable ATS, you no longer need to update your employees’ information in multiple systems. The integration automatically synchronizes employee information between the Velocity Global Work Platform™ and Workable ATS in seconds, eliminating duplicative data entries, reducing the risk of errors, and saving you valuable time.
This integration is free for all Velocity Global clients, and our Integrations team will walk you through the configuration from start to finish. Click here for Technical Support.
- For you as a client, this integration:
- Reduces the need for duplicative data entry in two systems
- Reduces the time to employee onboarding
- Enhances data accuracy
- For your employees, this integration:
- Minimizes onboarding time
- Onboard employees quickly and efficiently
- Synchronize employee data updates
- Configure custom data fields mapping between systems
- Email notifications
- Simple Employee Setup: When HR teams hire new candidates through Workable, the integration will create new employees in the Velocity Global Work Platform™. New hires are set up to complete their onboarding online, quickly and easily.
- Process Tracking: In Workable, create profiles for your candidates and run interviews using your typical workflows. Once the candidate is hired, data is synchronized in seconds.
- Notifications: A notification email is triggered to keep all parties informed whenever a change is made.
- Data Mapping: Out-of-the-box employee data field mapping, with the ability to customize any additional fields per a client’s request.
How to Activate
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you’d like to get configured on our integration with Workable ATS. We’ll put you in contact with a Solutions Engineer who can assist you throughout the setup process, offer guidance, and provide you with any additional resources that you need.
In order for Velocity Global to be able to sync data from your company’s Workable account, we will need your API key. You can generate an API Key through the following steps:
- Navigate to SETTINGS from your profile icon at the top of the page, then select the INTEGRATIONS tab on the left side of the page.
- Scroll down to the ACCESS TOKEN section and copy your API key. Velocity Global will provide you with a secure link to send your information. Note that, if at any time you would like to revoke our access to your system, simply click on the REVOKE link on the right side of the page.
- You will also need to provide your account subdomain, which you can find in the COMPANY PROFILE SETTINGS page.
- If you are having trouble generating your API key in Workable or if you need more information, you can visit Workable's API help page.
Add to Workflows
Workable needs to know when to send information to the Velocity Global Work Platform™. For this, you’ll need to set up a custom Pipeline Stage in Workflows. You can do this through the following steps:
- Click on SETTINGS from the main menu list at the top of the page, then select the WORKFLOWS tab. From here, you can either create a new pipeline or update an existing pipeline.
- In either case simply add a new stage called HIRE WITH VELOCITY GLOBAL with a substage titled HIRE WITH VELOCITY GLOBAL. If there is a reason why you would prefer this stage or substage be called something else, please let us know directly.
- Once you have completed this step, your new substage will be available on any job that is using this pipeline.
- Note that, while not required, it is highly recommended that any workflow using the new substage should also remove all offer stages in order to avoid any conflicts syncing with the Velocity Global Work Platform™.
In Workable, custom fields are required to sync with the Velocity Global Work Platform™. The custom field VELOCITY GLOBAL FIELDS must be created; the data sync will only happen if this field has been created. To set up a custom field in the Workable system:
- Click on SETTINGS from the main menu list at the top of the page, then select the WORKFLOWS tab.
- Scroll down to the CANDIDATE CUSTOM FIELDS section and click the CREATE NEW SECTION button.
- Name your new section VELOCITY GLOBAL FIELDS.
- Once you have completed this step, reach out to your assigned Velocity Global sales solutions engineer. They will provide you with an up-to-date list of fields to include, as well as a comprehensive guide to setting them up.
Let Us Know You’re Done
Once you have completed setting up your integration between Velocity Global and Workable, let us know at Integrations@VelocityGlobal.com. We’ll send you a secure link to transfer all of your Workable connection information. Once we have your API key and when we’ve confirmed that you have the appropriate pipeline stage and custom fields, we can finalize setting up your integration. This will turn on events so that when you update a field in Workable, it will automatically sync to the Velocity Global Work Platform™.
Now that your integration is ready to use, you can fill out candidate information in the Workable system (E.g. candidate profiles or hiring process stages) and mark all of the required Velocity Global form fields. When you mark a candidate as hired, that candidate’s data will automatically sync with the Velocity Global Work Platform™. For each candidate, simply:
- Fill out all Velocity Global fields.
- Move them to the HIRE WITH VELOCITY GLOBAL stage.
- The rest of the hiring process will proceed on the Velocity Global Work Platform™.